Chinese Berenstain Bears Books about Faith 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书
Growing up, I have fond memories of reading Berenstain Bears (贝贝熊) in English at school, and my kids are enjoying them in English with my husband. Since my children are learning Chinese, we have been enjoying several Chinese Berenstain Bears books at home! 生命之光系列丛书(全8册) is an adorable subseries that focuses on faith. We don’t have very many Chinese Christian books, so we’re grateful for these books!
Chinese Berenstain Bears Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册) – Christian Books for Children
- Author (作者): Michael, Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Publisher: 万卷出版公司
- Language: Simplified Chinese
- ISBN: 9787547007860
- Where to buy: China Sprout
- Age: 4-8 years
- Where to listen: Ximalaya – This narrator is not my favorite, but it was the only one that had most of the stories in this series
- 贝贝熊爱你的邻居 (The Berenstain Bears Love Their Neighbors)
- 贝贝熊感恩 (The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks)
- 贝贝熊黄金法则 (The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule)
- 贝贝熊星期日 (The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School)
- 贝贝熊你真可爱 (The Berenstain Bears God Loves You)
- 贝贝熊忠实的朋友 (The Berenstain Bears Faithful Friends)
- 贝贝熊心愿 (The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers)
I was not able to find a good audio for 精彩的比赛 (The Berenstain Bears Play a Good Game). Please let me know if you find a better narrator!
Try this: 6 Ways Kids And Parents Can Learn Chinese From Audiobooks
Chinese Berenstain Bears Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册) Review
These books talk about common topics, like church, friendship, Sunday School, and rules. This faith-based series encourages positive relationships at home and school.
There are supposed to be 8 books in these series, but we are currently missing 3 of the books somewhere in our house! Since the series does not address Easter per se, I bought the English version on Amazon.
My 5-year-old daughter has been very intrigued by the stories and often grabs the books to read them on the couch on her own.
Like most Chinese picture books, the font is very small. Each book has a few new Chinese characters per page for my daughter, making this book a slight challenge that is bridged by listening to the audiobooks on Ximalaya.
In regards to the illustrations, my 5-year-old loves the Berenstain Bears and finds the bear family to be charming.
My 2-year-old also thinks they are cute, but the stories and illustrations are too abstract for his young age. For his age, we mainly read Chinese books with realistic illustrations.
Chinese Bible Verse: Matthew 7:12, The Golden Rule
My daughter was inspired by the《黄金法则》book to write the Matthew 7:12 Golden Rule verse for me in a little book that she created!
- English: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Simplified Chinese: 你愿意人怎样待你，你也要怎样待人
- Traditional Chinese: 你願意人怎樣待你，你也要怎樣待人
- Hanyu Pinyin: Nǐ yuànyì rén zěnyàng dài nǐ, nǐ yě yào zěnyàng dàirén
Copywork has been a self-motivating way for my daughter to practice Chinese writing!
Explore this: 12 Bible Verses on Faith and Parenting in English, Chinese, and Korean
Photos of Berenstain Bear Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册)
In summary, the Berenstain Bears Books are a fun way to introduce Christian stories to children ages 4 and up (preschool, Kindergarten, and lower elementary school).
Have you read these Chinese Berenstain Bears Books with your child(ren)?
If you end up reading this book, let me know what you think in the comments below! We’d love to hear about your learning experience with the books you choose! What other books do you recommend we check out?
Fun hands-on Christian crafts for kids!
- Chinese Bible Activities for Kids at Home or Sunday School (Printable)
- “Jesus is King” crown craft and coloring pages
- 3 Cardboard Cross Craft Decorations
- Easter egg craft stick puzzle
- Chalk eggs with glue resist