Growing up, I have fond memories of reading Berenstain Bears (贝贝熊) in English at school, and my kids are enjoying them in English with my husband. Since my children are learning Chinese, we have been enjoying several Chinese Berenstain Bears books at home!
Of note, 生命之光系列丛书(全8册) is an adorable series that focuses on faith and has been a nice resource for our Christian family.
Chinese Berenstain Bears Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册) – Christian Books for Children
- Author (作者): Michael, Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Publisher: 万卷出版公司
- Language: Simplified Chinese
- ISBN: 9787547007860
- Where to buy:
- Age: 4-8 years
- Where to listen: Ximalaya – This narrator is not my favorite, but it was the only one that had most of the stories in this series
- 贝贝熊爱你的邻居 (The Berenstain Bears Love Their Neighbors)
- 贝贝熊感恩 (The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks)
- 贝贝熊黄金法则 (The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule)
- 贝贝熊星期日 (The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School)
- 贝贝熊你真可爱 (The Berenstain Bears God Loves You)
- 贝贝熊忠实的朋友 (The Berenstain Bears Faithful Friends)
- 贝贝熊心愿 (The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers)
I was not able to find a good audio for 精彩的比赛 (The Berenstain Bears Play a Good Game).
Chinese Berenstain Bears Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册) Review
These books talk about common topics, like church, friendship, Sunday School, and rules. This faith-based series encourages positive relationships at home and school.
There are supposed to be 8 books in these series, but we are currently missing 3 of the books somewhere in our house! Since the series does not address Easter per se, I bought the English version on Amazon.
My 5-year-old daughter has been very intrigued by the stories and often grabs the books to read them on the couch on her own. Like most Chinese picture books, the font is very small. Each book has a few new Chinese characters per page for my daughter, making this book a slight challenge that is bridged by listening to the audiobooks on Ximalaya.
In regards to the illustrations, my 5-year-0ld loves the Berenstain Bears and finds the bear family to be charming. My 2-year-old also thinks they are cute, but the stories and illustrations are too abstract for his young age. For his age, we mainly read realistic books with representational illustrations.
Chinese Bible Verse: Matthew 7:12, The Golden Rule
My daughter was inspired by the《黄金法则》book to write the Matthew 7:12 Golden Rule verse for me in a little book that she created!
- English: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Simplified Chinese: 你愿意人怎样待你，你也要怎样待人
- Traditional Chinese: 你願意人怎樣待你，你也要怎樣待人
- Hanyu Pinyin: Nǐ yuànyì rén zěnyàng dài nǐ, nǐ yě yào zěnyàng dàirén
Copywork is the most motivating way for my daughter to practice Chinese writing on her own!
Photos of Berenstain Bear Books 贝贝熊生命之光系列丛书 (全8册)
In summary, the Berenstain Bears Books are a fun way to introduce Christian stories to children ages 4 and up (preschool, Kindergarten, and lower elementary school).
Have you read these Chinese Berenstain Bears Books with your child(ren)?
We’ve love to hear what you thought about the translated Chinese books! Please feel free to leave a comment about your experience!
Bible verses for parents
More Christian Books for children
- 复活节 (Easter) by Gail Gibbons: Chinese Book Review & Craft Stick Puzzle
- Max Lucado Books for Kids in Chinese
- Chinese Christian Songs: Stream of Praise Music Board Book for Kids
To see all Chinese children’s book recommendations, click here for our detailed reviews!
Fun, hands-on Christian crafts for kids!
- “Jesus is King” crown craft and coloring pages
- Washi Tape Cardboard Cross
- Easter egg craft stick puzzle
- Chalk eggs with glue resist
For more activities, click here to see our Activities Library!
Chinese Christian music for children
- Stream of Praise Music Ministries DVDs and CDs
- 5 Simple Chinese Christian Songs for Kids & Free Printable Lyrics 五首簡單兒童聖歌和歌詞 (Spot of Sunshine)
Bilingual Chinese Christian Facebook group!
For more resources and support, please join our Facebook group Christian Parents Raising Bilingual Children in English & Chinese! We welcome parents of all races and ethnicities who want to join the discussion and share bilingual Christian resources!