Over the past 2 years of blogging, I have met so many genuine parents and teachers, and I want to give back to this community!
I know that many of you struggle to afford time and resources for creating a multilingual learning environment.
Some of you have shared that it’s not physical materials but social and emotional challenges that come with being a minority, let alone speaking a minority language.
This post has some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
Cultivating a daily habit of gratitude
Every morning and meal, my children and I start our day by thanking God for our blessings and asking for guidance with challenges.
Sometimes we talk about the messages that you have shared, and together we pray over them.
With my children, I’m learning how to develop a daily habit of gratitude, which I believe cultivates generosity.
I want to think about how we can help others more regardless of circumstance or cultural norms.
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
12 Days of Educational Holiday Giveaways
I also hope that recommending educational products can make life a little easier for your family, too.
For 12 days this December, I collaborated with educational companies for a variety of educational giveaways. Some were regional (USA) and others were international.
CHALK Academy Holiday Giveaway schedule
Here’s the list of all of the giveaways and the winners that were drawn randomly.
- Monday, December 2, 2019 (USA Only):
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 (International):
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 (USA Only):
- Thursday, December 5, 2019: (USA Only):
- YoBabyShop – Custom Chinese name stamps
- 5 Winners: Daniel Eng, Isabel Chu, Xiao Zhuang, YenJen Wang, and Viva Kwan-Nguyen
- See this Facebook post for video demonstration.
- Friday, December 6, 2019 (USA, Hong Kong, Taiwan only):
- Tuesday December 10, 2019 (International):
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 (USA only):
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 (USA, Hong Kong, Taiwan only):
- Friday, December 13, 2019 (International):
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019:
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019:
- Thursday, December 19, 2019:
Thank you for participating and being a huge blessing to this community. Your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated!
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:11
Have you talked to your children about gratitude and giving?
What ways do you encourage your children to show thanks and give back to your community? What charities and acts of service are important to your family?
Please share your experience in the comments below. We would love to learn from you!
HOW TO RAISE MULTILINGUAL CHILDREN
- Teach Your Child a Second Language at Home with 5 Key Steps
- Raising Multilingual Children as a Non-Fluent Parent: 7 Lessons Learned
- 20+ Ways to Get Your Child to Speak Chinese
- How to Find a Foreign Language Teacher for Your Child
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
Learning activities for every topic!
For free, convenient access to the Educational Printables Library, please click the button below to subscribe!
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please click on the button below!
Our Hands-On Activities Library is organized by topic for your convenience!
Let’s stay in touch
As always, let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll try my best to answer them.
The best way to connect is by leaving a note in the comments so all readers can learn from the discussion 🙂
Follow me on Facebook where I share my latest posts as well as favorite articles about children’s education, Chinese resources, and hands-on activities!
On Instagram, I share activity highlights and how we integrate learning Chinese & Korean (minority languages) in our daily life.
And I’d love to chat more with you about favorite books at @chinesekidlit!