Most flashcards are cluttered with excess information or images, which makes them difficult to read and memorize. Or, they are plain and too boring for young children. Therefore, I made these cute clothing flashcards for pretend play, and my children were intrigued immediately!
Since the flashcards are the shape of clothes, you can easily guess each character’s definition.
In addition, the clothing flashcards promote open-ended play! Therefore, while children are playing, they are learning the characters since the bold black text is noticeable against the bright-colored background.
- 衣服 (yīfú / clothes)
- 裤子 (Kùzi / pants)
- 短裤 (duǎnkù / shorts)
- 衬衫 (chènshān / shirt)
- 内裤 (nèikù / underwear)
- 运动衣 (yùndòng yī / sweatshirt)
- 汗背心 (hànbèixīn / undershirt)
- 帽子 (màozi / hat)
- 袜子 (wàzi / socks)
- 鞋子 (xiézi / shoes)
What you need:
Amazon Affiliate links provided for convenience
Please review the Terms & Conditions before downloading any materials.
- Clothing template (Free Printables in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Korean)
- Colorful paper
- Laminating pouches
- Cotton twine
- Colorful clothespins
- Small tray
- Clear mini command hooks
What to do:
- Print templates on colorful paper
- Laminate each sheet
- Cut outside of the black lines
Ideas for playing & learning:
- Decorating with the colorful clothes:
- Affix command hooks to wall
- Tie cotton twine
- Clip clothespins to clothing cards
- Hope that your baby doesn’t pull them all down like mine did 🙂
- Color matching with pegs
- Pretend play “laundry sorting” and other creative play!
- Open-ended fine motor practice with clipping the cards on the string
For those are learning both simplified and traditional Chinese, you can print out both Chinese versions and compare and match the characters!
If you use these clothing flashcards, please let us know! Please leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ChalkAcademy on Instagram and Facebook. Happy learning, friends!