Learning to read Chinese with my children has been extremely challenging, but it’s also been wonderfully rewarding! I’m excited to share our favorite Chinese books as well as other reading resources that have helped us.
Here is a glimpse at our Chinese home library! To make it easier to find Chinese books for your kids, the books are categorized according to level, language (simplified versus traditional +/- Pinyin), and other frequently asked questions!
If you’ve been following CHALK Academy regularly and prefer to see the most recent book reviews, click here!
Please click on the category name to explore relevant Chinese children’s books! 🙂 Per request, I have added suggested age ranges for reference. However, every child is different, and some may enjoy picture books at older ages. In fact, I still love picture books as an adult! Other children may be early readers and diving into chapter books at a young age.
Books by type
- Baby Books (Age 0-3 years)
- Chinese Picture Books (Age 0-8 years)
- Leveled Chinese Readers (Age 3+ years)
- Chinese Bridge Books (Age 5+ years)
Books by language
Other book categories
- Where to Buy Chinese Books for Kids
- Free Chinese Stories for Kids
- Chinese Audiobooks and Books with CDs
- Realistic (Montessori-friendly) Chinese stories
- Chinese Science Books
- Books by Authors of Chinese Ethnicity
- Hands-On Book-Inspired Activities
I hope that you can find many wonderful Chinese books for your family!!! Please note that many of these Chinese books for kids fall in multiple categories. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll try my best to answer your question either by email or through a detailed post! 🙂
Tips on creating a Chinese learning environment at home
- Teach Your Child a Second Language at Home with 5 Key Steps
- Raising Multilingual Children as a Non-Fluent Parent: 7 Lessons Learned in 2017
- How To Get Your Child To Speak the Minority Language
- Encourage A Child to Love and Speak the Minority Language with 5 Strategies
- How to Find a Foreign Language Teacher for Your Child
- 5 Reasons Books are the Best Gifts for Multilingual Kids
Teaching kids how to read Chinese
- When and How to Introduce Chinese Characters to Kids?
- 5 Basic Tips for Memorizing Chinese Characters
- 10 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Read
- Create a Print-Rich Environment with Labels that Promote Literacy
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
- 3 Ways My Child and I Are Learning Mandarin Chinese from Audiobooks
- When Should My Child Learn Hanyu Pinyin?
Happy reading, friends!