Welcome to our home Chinese library! Learning to read Chinese with my children has been extremely challenging, but it’s also been wonderfully rewarding! I’m excited to share our favorite Chinese books for kids with your families and schools.
Chinese books for children
To make it easier to find Chinese books for your children, the book recommendations are organized by:
- Level (picture versus chapter book)
- Language (simplified versus traditional +/- Pinyin)
- And other frequently asked categories!
Please click on the category name to explore relevant Chinese children’s books.
If you’ve been following CHALK Academy regularly and prefer to see the most recent book reviews, click here!
Chinese Books for kids by type
Per request, I have added suggested age ranges for reference. However, every child is different, and some may enjoy picture books at older ages. In fact, I still love picture books as an adult! Other children may be early readers and diving into chapter books at a young age.
- Baby Books and Short Chinese Picture Books (Age 0-5 years)
- Long Chinese Picture Books (Age 3-8 years)
- Leveled Chinese Readers (Age 3+ years)
- Chinese Bridge and Chapter Books (Age 5+ years)
- Middle Grade Novels (Ages 8+ years)
Chinese Books for kids by language
- Simplified Chinese Books
- Traditional Chinese Books
- Chinese Books with Pinyin
- Chinese Books with English
Other popular Chinese book categories
*Note: some Chinese books for children fall in multiple categories.
- Where to Buy Chinese Books for Kids
- Free Chinese Stories for Kids
- Chinese Audiobooks and Books with CDs
- Chinese Dictionaries for Kids and Parents
- Realistic (Montessori-friendly) Chinese stories
- Chinese Science Books
- Chinese Christian Books
- Books by Authors of Chinese Ethnicity
- Hands-On Book-Inspired Activities
- Chinese books on Amazon
Chinese books on Amazon
For those who prefer to shop at Amazon, check out popular Chinese books at CHALK Academy’s Amazon storefront here.
I hope that you can find many wonderful Chinese books for your kids and students!!!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Feel free to email [email protected], and I’ll try my best to answer your question either by email or through a detailed post!
Tips on creating a Chinese learning environment at home
- Teach Your Child a Second Language at Home with 5 Key Steps
- Raising Multilingual Children as a Non-Fluent Parent: 7 Lessons Learned
- How To Get Your Child To Speak the Minority Language
- 5 Reasons Books are the Best Gifts for Multilingual Kids
- How to Find a Foreign Language Teacher for Your Child
Teach kids how to read Chinese
- When and How to Introduce Chinese Characters to Kids?
- 5 Basic Tips for Memorizing Chinese Characters
- 15 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Read
- Create a Print-Rich Environment with Labels that Promote Literacy
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
- 5 Ways My Child and I Are Learning Mandarin Chinese from Audiobooks
- When Should My Child Learn Hanyu Pinyin?