Are you a parent or teacher that wants your kids to have fun learning Chinese? I love sharing ideas and resources that have helped our family learn Chinese against the odds, and I hope that your family and school can benefit as well!
How to teach Chinese as a second language to kids
On my website, you can find the main resources you need to teach kids Chinese at home or school.
If you’re new to this site, start here to learn about our family’s story and mission.
Chinese learning resources for families
Advice for raising multilingual children
- Raising a Bilingual Baby: 5 Things Parents Should Do
- Raising a Bilingual Child: 5 Key Steps to Implement at Home
Boost listening and speaking skills
- Transitioning from Dominant to Minority Language
- 20+ Ways to Get Your Kids to Speak Chinese
- More tips for improving listening and speaking skills
Building Chinese vocabulary: resources for kids and parents
- 1500+ Common Parenting Phrases in Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese
- 有道 Youdao Dictionary Reading Pen
- Best Chinese Picture Dictionaries for Kids and Parents
Improve Chinese reading skills
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
- 5 Best Ways to Remember Chinese Characters
- More reading tips here
Encourage Chinese writing
- “Before She Could Write Like This…” (@chalkacademy Instagram video)
- Chinese pre-writing and writing ideas plus worksheets
Educational Chinese media for children
- Chinese books for kids – organized by level, language type (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Pinyin, Zhuyin), and topics
- Mandarin Chinese music for kids
- Multilingual hands-on activities for kids organized by topics
- Free printable learning activities (subscribers only – subscribe here for access)
- Mandarin Chinese videos for kids
- Chinese learning apps for kids
You can also access these categories conveniently from the drop-down menu bar at the top of the website.
Let’s stay in touch
As always, let me know if you have any questions in the comments. I’ll try my best to answer them!
Follow me on Facebook where I share my latest posts as well as favorite articles about children’s education, Chinese resources, and hands-on activities!
On Instagram, I share activity highlights and how we integrate learning Chinese & Korean (minority languages) in our daily life.
And I’d love to chat more with you about favorite books at @chalkacademybooks!