你好! Nǐ hǎo!
I’m Betty, and I’m so happy that you’re here. CHALK Academy is just me and my kids – and any family that wants their kids to enjoy learning Chinese!
CHALK stands for Creative, Hands-on, Active Learning for Kids. Inspired by the educator Dr. Maria Montessori, our teaching philosophy incorporates sensory activities and movement for child-led Chinese learning.
If you’re a busy parent looking for engaging ways to teach your child Chinese, you’ve come to the right place! Here, you will find resources to help you create an engaging, prepared environment for Chinese learning at home!
The website is organized into 5 main categories:
- Quick, easy, and fun Chinese activities
- Free, interactive Chinese printables
- Resources such as our favorite books, videos, music, apps, and toys/games
- Our family’s journey – reflections about Chinese learning and updates about my children’s progress
- Teaching tips
I’m a second-generation Chinese-American mom of a 5-year-old girl (老大 / lǎo dà) and 2-year-old boy (老二 / lǎo èr). Trained as a pediatrician, I currently work in the e-learning industry and am teaching my children Chinese while learning with them. I’m married to my best friend, a Korean-American guy, and we are raising our kids trilingual in a small town in California.
Let’s teach kids Chinese together!
If this is your first time here, I recommend reading through these guides on how to teach kids Chinese at home:
- Tips on creating a Chinese learning environment at home
- How To Learn Chinese as a Busy Parent: 10+ Strategies (This post focuses on how I am learning Chinese)
- Teaching kids how to read Chinese
For an overview of fun Chinese activities for kids, please review our How-To Guide!
In addition, check out the FAQs!
If you’d like to get in touch, feel free to leave a message in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org! Please me know if there are any printables, activities, or other advice, and I’ll try my best to share the resource!
Subscribe to stay up-to-date on new activities and resources.
Follow us on social media:
Bilingual Facebook Group
For families interested in Chinese learning in a Montessori-friendly environment, please join our Facebook group! Montessori-inspired Kids Learning Chinese is a global community of parents who are excited to share quality Montessori teaching tips, child-led activities, Chinese book recommendations, and other learning resources!
Together, we can make Chinese language and culture a positive part of family life!
谢谢 (Xièxiè / THANK YOU)
Thank you, Jesus, for my encouraging family and friends! Special shout out to:
- My brother-in-law, Ray, for helping me build this website with Easy Cloud Solutions
- My sister, Jennie, to whom I am grateful for her advice and content contributions
- The amazing members of these wonderful Facebook groups: