Easel messages are perfect for low-pressure reading practice because my daughter is naturally curious to see what I might write and draw! We finished off the week of emoji learning with matching games on the easel!
To reinforce vocabulary about emotions and supplement the Emoji Sticks & Slots activity, each day I drew a different 表情符号 (biǎoqíng fúhào / emoji) on our easel and varied up the sentences! My daughter thought these were SO hilarious that she actually started requesting specific emojis and asked me to surprise her with their 2-sentence story!
What you need:
Amazon affiliate links provided for convenience
- Easel (We love our Melissa & Doug Easel!)
- Dry erase markers (yellow is hard to find, but it’s part of this AmazonBasics set!)
What to do:
- Draw an emoji face with a related sentence. Ask the child to guess what happened and why. This could be a fun opportunity to make up a story!
- Draw a different face each day – my daughter was asking me to surprise her everyday for a week, and then she started making requests!
- Create a matching game with emojis on one size and characters on the other
If you try this activity, please let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ChalkAcademy on Instagram and Facebook.
More educational activities about emotions!
If you’re looking for more hands-on ways to learn about emotions, check out these other fun activities:
Learning activities for every topic!
For free, convenient access to our Educational Printables Library, please click the button below to subscribe!
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please click on the button below!
Our Hands-On Activities Library is organized by topic for your convenience!