Two of my daughter’s favorite math resources are the Montessori Pythagoras Board and our free Bilingual Multiplication Table printable. Children can use these together or as separate multiplication practice tools.
This post has Amazon affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
I am happy to share our printable Multiplication Table in English and Chinese and fun ways that we have used it!
The resources in this post are different from the Hundred Chart and the Hundred Board. Also, we are gradually learning about the Montessori method through weekly sessions with a local Montessori teacher.
The information in this post is for sharing purposes only. If possible, I recommend seeking in-person guidance from a certified Montessori teacher for optimal teaching.
Recommended Multiplication Materials
Please read the Terms & Conditions before downloading any materials.
- Free Printable Multiplication Table (English, Chinese, Blank)
- Montessori Pythagoras Board
- 快乐学算术 by 思嘉姐姐 – Math songs in Mandarin Chinese
1. How to use the Printable Multiplication Table
- Use it as a control for the Pythagoras Board. This will allow the child to self-check and empower them to work independently.
- Cover up numbers with dot stickers and write in the covered numbers. Bonus: make a fun pattern with the stickers!
- Cover numbers with scratch off stickers; use a coin to reveal the hidden number!
- Practice writing in a blank multiplication table
Although we mainly work with Arabic numerals for math, my daughter likes seeing the Chinese numbers for reference since she usually thinks about the numbers bilingually.
Here is a blank multiplication table that my daughter completed on her own!
2. How to use the Montessori Pythagoras Board
The Montessori Pythagoras Board is a visual, hands-on way of learning the times table. The board has 100 wood number tiles that the child can use to discover patterns, skip count, and learn commutative property. The numbers in the top row and leftmost column represent the 2 numbers that are multiplied (eg, 3 x 6).
Although I bought the Pythagoras Board a year ago, my daughter become attracted to the work only a few months ago. Since then, she has been using it a 1-2 times per week.
When my daughter uses the Pythagoras Board, she thinks that she is playing. Without realizing that she is learning, she is gradually memorizing the Times Table! She enjoys dumping out the tiles, finding the numbers, and arranging them the correct order.
On her own, she discovered that the numbers in each column repeat in the same pattern as rows! She has also noticed odd and even number patterns.
This is beauty of Montessori learning!
3. Chinese math memory work with 快乐学算术 by 思嘉姐姐
On occasion, we listen to 快乐学算术 by 思嘉姐姐 – Math songs in Mandarin Chinese for exposure to math vocabulary in native Chinese.
Track 4 is 乘法小九九口诀, and children who are auditory learners may benefit from listening to the sing-songy Chinese math rhymes for memory work.
Teaching two kids of different ages
And just for fun, here’s a snapshot of life with siblings! Solidarity for parents who struggle to teach two children simultaneously!
My younger child is still learning to respect his sister’s boundaries and needs gentle reminders and redirection to materials that capture his attention!
Has your child memorized the Times Table?
I hope that your child can benefit from the Pythagoras Board and printable Bilingual Multiplication Table!
More mathematics resources for children
- How I’m Teaching My Children Math For Free Without Workbooks or Apps
- Hundred Chart – 10+ Fun Teaching Ideas in Chinese, Korean, and English
- 15 Math Resources for Children Learning Chinese
- 数学帮帮忙 Math Story Books (Bilingual Simplified Chinese and English)
- 10+ Ways to Learn with a Wooden Montessori Hundred Board
- All hands-on math activities for preschoolers and elementary-aged kids
Printables Library for Subscribers
More free downloadable printables can be found in our Printables Library for Subscribers.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, please complete the form here!