I’m totally last-minute about this year’s 感恩节 (gǎn’ēn jié / Thanksgiving) activities, but thankfully, these paper roll turkeys are quick and easy.
My daughter had fun cutting out the feathers and discussing things we are thankful for! On the feathers, my daughter wrote the English and Korean words (with spelling help), and her Chinese teacher wrote the Chinese words. Then my daughter requested Spanish for fun! The result: quadrilingual thankful paper roll turkeys – say that 10 times fast!
What you need:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Construction paper
- Optional: wiggle eyes!
What to do:
- Cut construction paper into multiple feathers
- Cut triangle for nose and
- Discuss what’s good in life and write it down on each feather! There’s so much to be grateful for!
- Tape eyes to toilet paper roll
- Tape nose and snood
- Have child practice reading the words on the feathers, or read to the child if they are too young to read
- Tape the feathers on the middle-back of the paper roll
Thankful for God, family, food, teachers, sunshine, among many other things!
If you try this paper roll turkey activity, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ChalkAcademy on Instagram. Happy learning, friends!