Today’s color lesson uses fluffy 棉球 (mián qiú / pom poms, cotton balls)! Pom poms are perfect for sensory play, color matching, and sorting! The soft texture is relaxing, and children can pick up the pom poms with tongs or chopsticks to improve fine motor strength and coordination.
- 棉球 (mián qiú / pom poms, cotton balls)
- 红, 橙, 黄, 绿, 蓝, 紫 (hóng, chéng, huáng, lǜ, lán, zǐ / red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
What you need:
Amazon affiliate links provided for convenience
- Colorful pom poms
- Colorful dot stickers (optional) or colored markers
- White paper
- Laminating pouch and laminator (recommended for durability)
- Chopsticks or tongs (optional)
What to do:
- Scatter colors randomly across paper
- Label with Chinese characters 红, 橙, 黄, 绿, 蓝, 紫 (hóng, chéng, huáng, lǜ, lán, zǐ / red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Laminate for durability for frequent use among siblings or classmates
- Use hands, tongs, or chopsticks to transfer pom poms to corresponding color
If you try this pom pom color matching activity, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ChalkAcademy on Instagram or Facebook.
Happy learning, friends!