Here are 3 Chinese Thanksgiving YouTube videos for kids! The audio is in Mandarin Chinese, and the voices are clear and easy to understand. These videos are for children who are learning Chinese and celebrating the American 感恩节 (gǎn’ēn jié / Thanksgiving)! For those who prefer to minimize screen-time, you can play the videos on your phone and turn the screen face-down.
1. Thanksgiving cartoon song in Mandarin Chinese
Here’s a fun Chinese cartoon about the song “Turkeys in the Straw”. The video has subtitles in simplified Chinese and Pinyin.
2. History of Thanksgiving video in Mandarin Chinese
This educational video gives a general overview of the history of Thanksgiving. It also briefly reviews key Thanksgiving vocabulary, pronunciation, and writing. Subtitles are in traditional Chinese and Zhuyin; some words have pinyin added.
3. Chinese Thanksgiving poem
This is an adorable video of a child reciting a Thanksgiving poem in Mandarin Chinese. Video is from Daily Noodles, the creator of these fun Chinese workbooks!
I hope these videos are helpful for learning the basics about 感恩节 (Gǎn’ēn jié / Thanksgiving) in Chinese! Do you have other favorite videos about Thanksgiving holiday?
Looking for hands-on Chinese Thanksgiving activities? Click here to see simple and fun options!
To learn about other holidays in Chinese, check out these fun, hands-on activities!
For more educational Chinese YouTube videos, please visit our list of recommended channels and bookmark the link! I am periodically updating the post with helpful YouTube channels for kids!
If you need tips on how to teach your child Chinese, these posts are for you!
- Raising Multilingual Children As a Non-Fluent Parent: 7 Lessons Learned in 2017
- Teach Your Child A Second Language at Home: 5 Key Steps
- How to Get Your Child to Speak the Minority Language
- One Person, One Language: Our Family’s Trilingual Schedule 2017-2018
- Fun & Educational Chinese Activities – A How-To Guide
感恩节快乐 (Gǎn’ēn jié kuàilè / Happy Thanksgiving)!