Last year, I bought the Chinese Health Guide 影响孩子一生的健康书 books, and both of my kids continue to enjoy it! 影响孩子一生的健康书 focuses on health topics through relatable stories.
Each of the 8 Chinese health books are great for children who are naturally inquisitive about their bodies and earnestly asking “Why?” about everything!
This is a photo-heavy post so you can see whether your family would like this series!
Chinese Health Guides 影响孩子一生的健康书
- Title: Health Guides 影响孩子一生的健康书 (8 volumes)
- Author: 海润阳光
- Publisher: 中国人口出版社
- Language: Simplified Chinese
- ISBN: 9787510131974
- Age level: 3-6 years
- Where to buy:
- Audio narration: Listen for free on the Ximalaya app! I found 2 clear recordings, and you can see which one you prefer: 土小豆妈妈 or 小凡的小树屋.
- Compatible with Luka Reading Robot, which has high-quality narration and encourages children to read independently!
- Doudou, Wash Your Hands 豆豆，去把手洗干净——掌握正确的洗手方法，养成洗手好习惯！
- Daddy’s Glasses 爸爸的眼镜——学习保护眼睛的方法，养成良好的用眼习惯！
- Cerumen’s Trip 耵聍的旅行——掌握保护耳朵的方法，养成良好的用耳习惯。
- Sports Superman 运动小超人——选择适合自己的运动，养成坚持运动的好习惯。
- Secret of Vegetables 蔬菜的秘密——改掉挑食的坏毛病，养成良好的饮食习惯。
- I and Picca 我和皮卡——学会自我保护，和狗狗正确相处。
- Little Night Prince 黑夜小王子——建立规律的睡前模式，养成良好的睡眠习惯。
- Fight Dental Bacteria 牙细菌大作战——学习正确的刷牙方法，养成保护牙齿的好习惯!
Chinese Health Guides 影响孩子一生的健康书 Book Review
I am a huge fan of this series! Written by a Chinese author, these are longer picture books with 35-39 pages per book.
Each of the 8 book volumes focuses on a specific health habit.
Most of the books are reality-based, but some books have several cartoons. Given the educational content and the majority of realistic illustrations, I consider this a Montessori-friendly series.
Although the stories are too long for young toddlers, the illustrations are vivid and beautiful, telling a story on its own while complimenting the text. There is plenty to observe and discuss with kids of all ages!
My 21-month-old son’s favorite book is “I and Picca 我和皮卡” because he loves to look at dogs!
Meanwhile, many older toddlers and elementary school-aged kids will enjoy the interesting stories! My 4.5-year-old daughter loves “Fight Dental Bacteria 牙细菌大作战” because she is fascinated by germs!
The back of the book has a variety of extension activities which you will see in the photos below.
In order to read these books, the reader should know at least a few hundred Chinese characters since there is no audio CD or pinyin.
The font is clear and my daughter is able to read most words without checking the dictionary.
1. Doudou, Wash Your Hands 豆豆，去把手洗干净——掌握正确的洗手方法，养成洗手好习惯！
This is an adorable book that teaches about the importance of handwashing.
豆豆 does not understand why she has to wash her hands every day.
豆豆 learns that even if the skin appears unsoiled, bacteria can hide in hands.
Washing hands is important for staying clean and preventing illness from entering your body.
At the end of the book are pictures with instructions on how to wash hands!
2. Daddy’s Glasses 爸爸的眼镜—学习保护眼睛的方法，养成良好的用眼习惯！
A boy is curious about his father’s glasses and decides to hide them! As a result, his father can’t see well and bumps into many things.
The boy learns that the father can’t see well because he didn’t protect his eyes when he was younger.
The book concludes with advice on how to protect our eyes and gives an overview on how vision works!
3. Cerumen’s Trip 耵聍的旅行——掌握保护耳朵的方法，养成良好的用耳习惯。
Although the cover shows a boy, the story is actually written in the perspective of cartoon earwax.
Through this fictional tale, kids learn about the importance of earwax and how it protects the ear!
The end of the story shows a diagram of ear anatomy.
Since the other illustrations are mostly cartoons, I suggest reviewing the diagram first.
This will help the child have a good foundation of the concept and be able to follow the earwax through the story.
4. Sports Superman 运动小超人——选择适合自己的运动，养成坚持运动的好习惯。
A little boy is slower than other children at sports, but is inspired by Superman to get stronger.
His father suggests that he try different sports and to keep trying.
Over time, he becomes stronger and faster!
5. Secret of Vegetables 蔬菜的秘密——改掉挑食的坏毛病，养成良好的饮食习惯。
This is a great book for picky eaters!
A little girl loves to eat meat, but she does not like to eat vegetables.
Then after a trip to grandmother’s special garden, she grows to appreciate and love vegetables!
6. I and Picca 我和皮卡——学会自我保护，和狗狗正确相处。
This is my son’s favorite book right now!
I and Picca 我和皮卡 is about a little boy who is so excited about a dog but has to learn how to communicate and connect with the dog.
He became scared of the dog due to the dog almost jumping on him, but then he learned how to put out his hand to let the dog smell and trust him.
7. Little Night Prince 黑夜小王子——建立规律的睡前模式，养成良好的睡眠习惯。
This is a story about a little boy who doesn’t want to sleep and stays up to engage in imaginary play!
However, he learns about the importance of getting plenty of sleep!
8. Fight Dental Bacteria 牙细菌大作战——学习正确的刷牙方法，养成保护牙齿的好习惯!
My daughter is a huge fan of this book!
Fight Dental Bacteria 牙细菌大作战 is about a boy who has a toothache and has to go to the dentist.
Silly cartoon pictures show how bacteria can attack teeth and cause cavities.
At the end of the book is a short maze to review the lessons from the story!
In summary, I highly recommend this series of books!
More health-related Chinese books for kids
- Human Body Books for Kids in Chinese, English, and Korean
- Chinese Magic School Bus Science Books
- 我宝贵的身体 性教育绘本 (My Precious Body) Set of 3 Chinese Books
FREE CHINESE AUDIOBOOKS
Many websites and apps offer FREE multilingual books for kids!
Ximalaya FM is our favorite, and I highly recommend their free Chinese audiobooks for all kids!
Since the entire website and app is in Chinese, please refer to this guide on How to Use Ximalaya if you cannot read Chinese.
Where to buy Chinese books for kids
If you’re wondering where to buy kids’ books, please click here for a list of the most popular online Chinese bookstores!
Happy reading, friends!