We’ve all been there – busy with the daily grind – and, before you know it, Mother’s Day has arrived and we forgot to prepare a gift or card. No worries! Although my daughter and I love to craft 贺卡 / 賀卡 (hè kǎ / greeting cards) together, we have printable Mother’s Day cards just in case we need last minute greetings for Chinese relatives and friends! As always, our printables are in simplified and traditional Chinese, and we are happy to share them with everybody! I also hope that these printable greeting cards can help families learn Chinese vocabulary related to Mother’s Day, including those who are not able to write Chinese characters.
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
Important Mother’s Day vocabulary:
- 妈妈 / 媽媽 (Māmā / Mom)
- 母亲 / 母親 (Mǔqīn / Mother)
- 母亲节 / 母親節 (Mǔqīn jié / Mother’s Day)
- 母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂 (Mǔqīn jié kuàilè / Happy Mother’s Day)
- 亲爱的妈妈 / 親愛的媽媽 (Qīn’ài de māmā / Dear Mom)
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ / I love you)
What you need for the Chinese Mother’s Day Cards:
- Free printable Mother’s Day Cards templates: Please click on link for your desired version:
- SongTi font (pictured in this post):
- KaiTi font (preferred standard Chinese font):
- White card stock paper
- Crayons or colored pencils. FYI markers and paint will bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
How to prepare the printable Chinese Mother’s Day Cards:
- Print out page 1 of the template in portrait orientation
- Follow the instructions of your printer for how to print page 2 on the reverse side
- Fold the paper in half
- Decorate the cards however you wish!
Here’s a peak at the Chinese Mother’s Day cards!
Last year, my daughter chose to color them with colored pencils, while I decided to try new watercolor paint on the Chinese Mother’s Day cards! This is how they turned out!
Here’s a peek at the Mother’s Day message in simplified and traditional Chinese. As mentioned previously, the font pictured is SongTi font, but you can now also choose KaiTi font.
If you are able to gift the Chinese Mother’s Day cards to friends and family, please let us know! We’d love to know if they were helpful! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag @CHALKAcademy on Instagram and Facebook!
母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated mothers out there!
Song for Mother’s Day in Chinese
More hands-on Chinese learning activities for children
To see all hands-on Chinese learning activities, please browse our activities library by topic with your child(ren)!
Happy learning, friends!