We’ve all been there – busy with the daily grind – and, before you know it, Mother’s Day has arrived and we forgot to prepare a Chinese Mother’s Day card. No worries!
Although my daughter and I love to craft 贺卡 / 賀卡 (hè kǎ / greeting cards) together, I wanted to share printable Mother’s Day cards.
Printable Chinese Mother’s day cards are perfect for those who cannot write Chinese or don’t have time to make a card for relatives and friends!
This post has some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
As always, our printables are in simplified and traditional Chinese, and we are happy to share them with everybody!
I also hope that these printable greeting cards can help families learn Chinese vocabulary related to Mother’s Day!
Chinese Mother’s Day: Important vocabulary
If you’re learning Chinese with your kids like me, here are relevant terms in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and Hanyu Pinyin.
- 妈妈 / 媽媽 (Māmā / Mom)
- 母亲 / 母親 (Mǔqīn / Mother)
- 奶奶 (Nǎinai / Paternal grandmother)
- 外婆 (Wàipó), 姥姥 (Lǎolao / Maternal grandmother)
- 母亲节 / 母親節 (Mǔqīn jié / Mother’s Day)
- 母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂 (Mǔqīn jié kuàilè / Happy Mother’s Day)
- 亲爱的妈妈 / 親愛的媽媽 (Qīn’ài de māmā / Dear Mom)
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ / I love you)
Chinese Mother’s Day Cards: What you need
Please review the Terms & Conditions before downloading any materials. © CHALK ACADEMY. Do not share any files without permission from chalkacademy.com. Only this website link may be shared.
- Free printable Mother’s Day Cards templates: Mix & match your favorite design and message! Please let me know if you would like additional versions of “grandma” in Chinese!
- White card stock paper
- Printer (the one we have is no longer sold, but this printer and this printer have high reviews)
- Colored pencils (we love Lyra and Groove!). Markers and paint might bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
Chinese Mother’s Day Cards: How to prepare the printable
- Print out desired outside design of the template in portrait orientation
- Follow the instructions of your printer for double-sided printing; print inside message on the reverse side of the paper
- Fold the paper in half
- Color and decorate the cards!
Chinese Mother’s Day cards and Korean Parents’ Day cards
Here’s a snapshot of my daughter coloring these greeting cards in her 2 minority languages, Chinese and Korean!
Click here for information about Korean Parents’ Day cards!
母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂! Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated mothers out there!
More hands-on Chinese learning activities for children
- Chinese Family Members Heart Matching Game!
- Chinese Father’s Day Cards – free printable necktie book!
- Family Photos Learning Activity for Kids: Sight Word Envelope Surprise!
- People by Peter Spier – Book Review and 人 Chinese Character Learning Activities
Learning activities for every topic!
For free, convenient access to the Educational Printables Library, please click the button below to subscribe!
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please click on the button below!
Our Hands-On Activities Library is organized by topic for your convenience!