Mother’s Day is in less than a week, so we spent this past weekend decorating Mother’s Day cards in simplified and traditional Chinese! My daughter chose to color them with colored pencils, while I decided to try new watercolor paint on the Chinese Mother’s Day cards!
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
Important Mother’s Day vocabulary:
- 妈妈 / 媽媽 (Māmā / Mom)
- 母亲 / 母親 (Mǔqīn / Mother)
- 母亲节 / 母親節 (Mǔqīn jié / Mother’s Day)
- 母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂 (Mǔqīn jié kuàilè / Happy Mother’s Day)
- 亲爱的妈妈 / 親愛的媽媽 (Qīn’ài de māmā / Dear Mom)
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ / I love you)
What you need:
- Mother’s Day Cards – free downloadable printables in the following versions:
- White card stock paper
- Crayons or colored pencils. FYI markers or paint will bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
How to make Chinese Mother’s Day Cards:
- Print out page 1 of the template in portrait orientation
- Follow the instructions of your printer for how to print page 2 on the reverse side
- Fold the paper in half
- Decorate the cards however you wish!
Here’s a peak at the inside of the cards!
And here’s a picture of how they turned out! My daughter and I had so much fun making these, and we will give these cards to our friends and relatives who speak Chinese!
To see all hands-on Chinese learning activities, please browse our activities by topic with your child(ren)!
母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated mothers out there!