We’ve all been there – busy with the daily grind – and, before you know it, Mother’s Day has arrived and we forgot to prepare a Chinese Mother’s Day card. No worries!
Although my daughter and I love to craft 贺卡 / 賀卡 (hè kǎ / greeting cards) together, we have printable Mother’s Day cards just in case we need last minute greetings for Chinese relatives and friends!
As always, our printables are in simplified and traditional Chinese, and we are happy to share them with everybody!
I also hope that these printable greeting cards can help families learn Chinese vocabulary related to Mother’s Day, including those who are not able to write Chinese characters.
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
Chinese Mother’s Day: Important vocabulary
- 妈妈 / 媽媽 (Māmā / Mom)
- 母亲 / 母親 (Mǔqīn / Mother)
- 奶奶 (Nǎinai / Paternal grandmother)
- 外婆 (Wàipó), 姥姥 (Lǎolao / Maternal grandmother)
- 母亲节 / 母親節 (Mǔqīn jié / Mother’s Day)
- 母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂 (Mǔqīn jié kuàilè / Happy Mother’s Day)
- 亲爱的妈妈 / 親愛的媽媽 (Qīn’ài de māmā / Dear Mom)
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ / I love you)
Chinese Mother’s Day Cards: What you need
- Free printable Mother’s Day Cards templates:
- White card stock paper
- Crayons or colored pencils. FYI markers and paint might bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
Chinese Mother’s Day Cards: How to prepare the printable
- Print out page 1 of the template in portrait orientation
- Follow the instructions of your printer for how to print page 2 on the reverse side
- Fold the paper in half
- Decorate the cards however you wish!
Chinese Mother’s Day cards: candid photos of our experience!
Last year, my daughter chose to color them with colored pencils, while I decided to try new watercolor paint on the Chinese Mother’s Day cards!
This is how they turned out!
Here’s a peek at the Mother’s Day message in simplified and traditional Chinese. As mentioned previously, the font pictured is SongTi font, but you can now also choose KaiTi font.
If you are able to gift the Chinese Mother’s Day cards to friends and family, please let us know! We’d love to know if they were helpful! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag @CHALKAcademy on Instagram and Facebook!
母亲节快乐 / 母親節快樂! Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated mothers out there!
More hands-on Chinese learning activities for children
- Chinese Family Members Heart Matching Game!
- Chinese Father’s Day Cards – free printable necktie book!
- Family Photos Learning Activity for Kids: Sight Word Envelope Surprise!
- People by Peter Spier – Book Review and 人 Chinese Character Learning Activities
For convenient access to the Free Chinese Printables Library, please subscribe here!
To see all hands-on Chinese learning activities, please browse our activities library by topic with your child(ren)!
Teach children how to read Chinese
- When and How to Introduce Chinese Characters to Kids?
- 5 Basic Tips for Memorizing Chinese Characters
- 10 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Read
- Create a Print-Rich Environment with Labels that Promote Literacy
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
- 5 Ways My Child and I Are Learning Mandarin Chinese from Audiobooks
- When Should My Child Learn Hanyu Pinyin?