Simple paper craft to learn about 彩虹 (cǎihóng/rainbow) and 颜色 (yánsè, colors)!
红, 橙, 黄, 绿, 蓝, 紫 – 这是一个彩虹!
Hóng, chéng, huáng, lǜ, lán, zǐ – zhè shì yīgè cǎihóng!
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple – it’s a rainbow!
What you need:
Amazon affiliate links provided for convenience
What to do:
- Draw outline of a cloud on white paper for child to cut
- Label cloud 云 (yún)
- Cut strips of rectangles of each colored paper
- Label each rectangle with corresponding character: 红, 橙, 黄, 绿, 蓝, 紫 (hóng, chéng, huáng, lǜ, lán, zǐ/red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Tape each strip of paper on the back of the cloud
- Optional: draw a happy face and add googly eyes! The 云 character makes a great nose 🙂
If you try this activity, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #ChalkAcademy on Instagram and Facebook. Happy learning, friends!