复活节 (Fùhuó jié / Easter) is the most important Christian celebration. Easter is Resurrection Sunday, the return of Jesus Christ after the Crucifixion, his sacrifice for all of our sins. After reading 复活节 (Fùhuó jié / Easter) by Gail Gibbons, my daughter and I made these washi tape crosses for Easter. We made three crosses to represent the three crosses at Calvary. This activity was very special to do with my child, but I think it also would be a simple yet beautiful decorative element for your home!
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
- 复活节 / 復活節 (Fùhuó jié / Easter)
- 耶稣 / 耶穌 (Yēsū / Jesus)
- 十字架 (Shízìjià / Cross)
What you need to make Washi Tape Cross Craft for Easter:
- Washi tape
For those that are unfamiliar with washi tape, the tape is essentially like decorative masking tape. It is repositionable. Please note that once we accidentally left blue washi tape on our quartz dining table, and it washed off with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
How to make Washi Tape Cross Craft for Easter:
- Draw cross shape on cardboard. Use a ruler to guide straight lines.
- Cut cardboard
- Cut washi tape a little longer than the width of the cross and wrap around the edges. If you cut it too short, it will not wrap well.
If you try this Washi Tape Cross activity for Easter, let us know! We are also always looking for more bible craft ideas, so please share any suggestions! Leave a comment or tag @CHALKAcademy on Instagram and Facebook!
Related Educational Resources for Kids
Here are more fun, hands-on Christian crafts that you can do with your kids!
- “Jesus is King” crown craft and coloring pages
- Easter egg craft stick puzzle
- Chalk eggs with glue resist
For Chinese Christian music, I recommend the following:
- Stream of Praise Music Ministries DVDs and CDs
- Stream of Praise Chinese Music Board Books
- 5 Simple Chinese Christian Songs for Kids & Free Printable Lyrics 五首簡單兒童聖歌和歌詞 (Spot of Sunshine)
- Top Chinese Children’s Worship Albums: Mandarin & Cantonese (Spot of Sunshine)
To see Chinese children’s book recommendations, click here!
If you’re interested in more hands-on learning activities, click here!
Bilingual Chinese Christian Facebook group!
For more resources and support, please join our Facebook group Christian Parents Raising Bilingual Children in English & Chinese! We welcome parents of all races and ethnicities who want to join the discussion and share bilingual Christian resources!