Here’s our list of educational Chinese apps that we use or have been highly recommended by other parents. The list consists of audiobooks and music apps, math, science, and writing, as well as dictionaries.
As a pediatrician, I believe in limiting screen time for health reasons. Each app is supplemental and not a primary means of learning Mandarin. Designated game apps are not listed here, as I strongly believe tactile and interactive learning. Compared to hands-on activities and games, I have not found apps to be that useful for expanding Chinese vocabulary.
The titles here are linked to iTunes so that you can preview the app. **Denotes default language is English; Mandarin must be selected via Settings.
Please note that we have no relationship with any of these app developers and have not been compensated for these recommendations. iTunes affiliate links are provided for convenience.
Chinese Dictionary Apps
Chinese Audiobooks & Music Apps
Chinese TV Show App
Chinese Vocabulary App
Chinese Science Apps
- Solar System 飞向太空
- Solar System 宇宙探秘－带你了解宇宙中的奥秘
- World Map 世界政区地图
- Human Anatomy 人体解剖和生理学-解剖图谱生物学考试必备
- Human Anatomy 3d人体解剖生理学-人体医学肌肉解剖图谱
- 《國家地理》雜誌中文版 CT: National Geographic Magazine
Chinese Math Apps
- 2Kids Math
- Montessori Geometry – Recognize and learn shapes**
- Count to 10: Learn Numbers with Montessori**
- Montessori 1st Operations – addition & subtraction made simple**
- Montessori Numberland**
- Montessori Math City**
- Montessori Math: Add & Subtract Large Numbers**
- Montessori Math: Multiplication**
Chinese Writing Apps
Chinese Cultural App
- Relative translator 三姑六婆 Lite – 親戚稱呼計算機