I recently updated our free printable Montessori Continents 3-part cards in Chinese, Korean, English! As usual, I am happy to share these geography resources with you!
Before, our Montessori continent 3-part cards were much smaller, and I didn’t think much about the font. Here’s how they used to look!
This post may have some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports my blog and free printables at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
Now, they are much more visually appealing, because the images and text are larger. This also means the words are much easier to see in all 3 languages.
Although my first child didn’t use these much, they have been helpful for my 3-year-old who is learning geography basics. I hope they can be useful your family, too!
Free Montessori Continents 3-part cards (Chinese, Korean, English)
More geography resources for kids:
- Favorite World Globes for Kids of All Ages (Bilingual)
- Montessori Animals and Continents Activities (Chinese, Korean, English)
- Montessori Geography Printables and Hands-On Materials for Kids
- 6 Geography World Map Atlas Books in Chinese and English
1. Purpose of Montessori 3-part cards
- Continent picture
- Label (the continent’s name)
- Control card with picture and label together
Since the concept of continents are pretty abstract for a young child, we first focused on picture matching and recognizing the Montessori colors of teach continent. He also enjoyed coloring our continent printables!
Gradually, my son began to remember the continent names and recognize the Chinese characters, so he was ready to try matching the continent names.
2. Significance of Montessori continent colors
As with all Montessori learning materials, the continents follow consistent colors.
With this standard, children can start to associate continent names with colors, which can help improve their memory of the 7 continents!
3. Continent translations in English, Chinese, Korean
The corresponding continents and translations are in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Hanyu Pinyin, and Korean.
- Orange: North America
- 北美洲 (Běi měizhōu)
- 북미 (Bugmi)
- Pink: South America
- 南美洲 (Nán měizhōu)
- 남미 (Nammi)
- Green: Africa
- 非洲 / 非洲 (Fēizhōu)
- 아프리카 (Apeulika)
- Red: Europe
- 欧洲 / 歐洲 (Ōuzhōu)
- 유럽 (Yuleob)
- Yellow: Asia
- 亚洲/ 亞洲 (Yàzhōu)
- 아시아 (Asia)
- Brown: Oceania or Austrailia
- 大洋洲 (Dàyángzhōu) or 澳洲/澳洲 (Àozhōu)
- 호주 (Hoju)
- White: Antarctica
- 南极洲 / 南極洲 (Nánjízhōu)
- 남극 대륙 (Namgeug daelyug)
4. Montessori 3-part continent cards – what you need for set up
- Free continent printables in SC, TC, Korean, and English in the Printables Library for Subscribers (check the geography section)
- If you have not yet subscribed, please click here!
- Color printer (the one we have is no longer sold, but this printer and this printer have high reviews)
- White cardstock paper
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Optional: Laminator and laminating pouches (consider for durability)
5. Organizing and displaying Montessori 3-part cards – printable folder
To make the cards attractive and accessible for my preschooler, the 3-part cards displayed in a small wooden card stand.
However, I also made folder templates that you can download, print, and use with other Montessori 3-part cards from our website!
We used this colored cardstock paper so that the folders would match the 3-part cards!
What did your child think of the Montessori continents 3-part cards?
If you try this activity, please let us know in the comments below! What age(s) are your kid(s) and how did it go? We’d love to hear about your learning experience!
Learning activities for every topic!
For free, convenient access to our Educational Printables Library, please click the button below to subscribe!
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please click on the button below!
Our Hands-On Activities Library is organized by topic for your convenience!