6 Easy Washi Tape Christmas Cards That You Can Make with Kids!
If you’re in a pinch for a last-minute Christmas greeting, these Washi Tape Christmas Cards take seconds to make!
For the past 2 Christmases, my daughter and I have been making dozens of Washi Tape Holiday Cards for friends and relatives!
This post may have some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports this educational website at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
Not only are they pretty, each design and message is unique because they are made by hand.
Honestly, nothing beats a good handmade card!
In fact, we rarely buy Christmas cards from the store.
Card-making gives my daughter a chance to be thoughtful and creative.
In addition, homemade Christmas cards motivate her to practice handwriting in Chinese, English, and Korean.
Christmas cards as fun writing practice for kids
For the past few years, card-making was a form of copywork.
However, this winter, I’m so proud to see her make these independently, from knowing how to write these Chinese characters to tiny adorable, mini bows!
I’m going to share 7 washi tape Christmas cards designs that you can easily make with your family!
Important vocabulary in Chinese and English
Since many of you have children who are learning Chinese like us, I’ve jotted down important Christmas card-making vocabulary below!
- 圣诞卡 / 聖誕卡 (Shèngdàn kǎ / Christmas card)
- 胶带 / 胶带 ( Jiāodài / Tape)
- 祝你圣诞快乐 / 祝你聖誕快樂 (Zhù nǐ shèngdàn kuàilè / I wish you a Merry Christmas)
- 还有新年快乐 / 還有新年快樂 (Hái yǒu xīnnián kuàilè / And a Happy New Year)
- 亲爱的 / 親愛的 (Qīn’ài de / Dear ___ )
What you need to make Washi Tape Christmas Cards:
- Washi Tape: We have and love the following…
- Sparkly washi tape variety
- Scripture washi tape (we love Project En Courage!)
- Here are more fun washi tape sets – see which design best suits your child!
- Cardstock paper (multi-colored or white)
- Pen, pencil
Related: Washi Tape Cross Craft – A Beautiful Easter and Christmas Activity
How to make Washi Tape Holiday Cards in 3 steps:
- Cut cardstock to desired size
- Affix washi tape in desired pattern (see below for examples). To guide younger children, you can draw the shape in pencil and have them tape over it.
- Write message!
- Optional: tie card with a ribbon or decorative string!
6 Pretty Washi Tape Christmas Cards that you make with kids
Here are festive designs that my daughter and I came up with! Can you think of other washi tape patterns?
- Christmas tree with increasingly longer washi tape strips
- Triangle Christmas tree card
- Christmas gift washi tape card
- Holy cross washi tape card
- Snowflake washi tape card
- Christmas wreath washi tape card
Have you made Washi Tape Christmas Cards for your friends and family?
I hope this simple idea can help anybody who is in a hurry to make a beautiful and meaningful Christmas card for dear friends and family!
If you make Washi Tape Christmas Cards, please let us know in the comments below.
Interactive, Hands-On Chinese Christmas activities
My kids and I love Christmas crafts, and we use these projects as fun ways to review Chinese characters.
Check out these Easy, Hands-On Christmas Crafts and Activities for Kids!
Many parents have also told me their kids love our fun Chinese Christmas coloring pages and Chinese Christmas music videos on YouTube!
Holiday shopping guide for kids
If you’re shopping for holiday gifts, check out our educational gift guides!
- Ultimate Gift Guide for Kids Learning Chinese!
- 10 Best Toys For Children That Promote Creativity and Learning
- Favorite Jigsaw Puzzles for Kids of All Ages
- The Best Human Anatomy Toys and Science Gifts for Kids
- Favorite Educational Montessori Toys on Etsy
Learning activities for every topic!
To sign up for our educational newsletter, please click the button below.
What is your child interested in today? Click below to explore activities and books that your child will love.