Christmas season is here, and I have Chinese Christmas coloring sheets and winter coloring pages ready for our kids! Coloring pages are convenient for busy parents and teachers who can simply print out this Chinese learning activity!
Each year, I try to improve these printables for my kids. As usual, I’m happy to share these for free! While working on the Christmas coloring pages, your kids can listen to these Chinese Christmas songs for the full immersion experience. 😛
To be honest, we don’t use coloring sheets that often. I believe children should explore drawing on blank paper without worrying about staying between the lines. However, printable activities can remind families speak Chinese and help kids memorize Chinese characters!
Please review the Terms & Conditions before downloading any materials. © CHALK ACADEMY. Do not share any files without permission from chalkacademy.com. Only this website link may be shared.
This post may have some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports my blog and free printables at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
Common Christmas vocabulary in Chinese
For busy parents who are learning Chinese with their kids like me, below are translations for common Chinese Christmas words used in the coloring pages. I’ve included simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Hanyu Pinyin, and English.
For most words on these coloring pages, you can use the bilingual Youdao Dictionary Pen to scan and hear the pronunciation and translation.
Christmas words in Chinese and English
- 圣诞节 / 聖誕節 (Shèng dàn jié / Christmas)
- 圣诞树 / 聖誕樹 (Shèng dàn shù / Christmas tree)
- 雪人 (Xuě rén / Snowman)
- 雪花 (Xuěhuā / Snowflake)
- 拐杖糖 (Guǎi zhàng táng / Candy cane)
- 花环 / 花環 (Huāhuán / Wreath) in Christmas context as opposed to 花圈 (Huāquān / Wreath) in funeral context
- 铃铛 / 鈴鐺 (Líng dāng / Jingle Bells)
- 圣诞水晶球 / 聖誕水晶球 (Shèng dàn shuǐjīng qiú / Snowglobe)
- 耶稣 / 耶穌 (Yēsū / Jesus)
- 王冠 (Wángguàn / Crown)
Color, shapes, and numbers in Chinese and English
- 颜色 / 顏色 (Yánsè / Colors)
- 红 / 紅 (Hóng / Red)
- 橙 (Chéng / Orange)
- 黄 / 黃 (Huáng / Yellow)
- 绿 / 綠 (Lǜ / Green)
- 蓝 / 藍 (Lán / Blue)
- 紫 (Zǐ / Purple)
- 粉 (Fěn / Pink)
- 棕 (Zōng / Brown)
- 形状 (Xíngzhuàng / Shapes)
- 星星 (Xīngxīng / Star)
- 菱形 (Língxíng / Diamond)
- 圆形 / 圓形 (Yuánxíng / Circle)
- 正方形 (Zhèngfāngxíng / Square)
- 三角形 (Sānjiǎoxíng / Triangle)
- 椭圆形 / 橢圓形 (Tuǒyuánxíng / Oval)
- 五角形 (Wǔjiǎoxíng / Pentagon)
- 爱心形 / 愛心形 (Àixīnxíng / Heart)
- 数字 / 數字 Shùzì
- 1: 一 (Yī / One)
- 2: 二 (Èr / Two)
- 3: 三 (Sān / Three)
- 4: 四 (Sì / Four)
- 5: 五 (Wǔ / Five)
- 6: 六 (Lìu / Six)
- 7: 七 (Qī / Seven)
- 8: 八 (Bā / Eight)
Relevant parenting vocabulary
Here are Chinese phrases you can use when talking to your kids about coloring:
- 你喜欢画画吗？/ 你喜歡畫畫嗎 ? (Nǐ xǐhuān huà huà ma? / Do you like to color?)
- 请你涂圣诞树。/ 請你塗聖誕樹。 (Qǐng nǐ tú shèngdànshù / Please color the Christmas tree.)
- 这应该是什么颜色？/ 這應該是什麼顏色? (Zhè yīnggāi shì shénme yánsè? / What color should this be?)
- 这是什么形状? / 這是什麼形狀? (Zhè shì shénme xíngzhuàng / What shape is this?)
Recommended supplies for coloring
- Colored pencils:
- Printer: color printer or monochrome laser printer
Chinese Christmas coloring pages
All of our Chinese Christmas printables are in standard KaiTi font, because the font represents brush strokes. Therefore, the start and end of each stroke is more apparent and thus prepare kids for future handwriting.
Free Chinese snow globe, snowflakes, & snowman coloring sheets
Free Chinese candy cane coloring pages
Free Chinese Christmas tree coloring pages
Our Chinese Christmas coloring pages include 3 pages of learning about color names, numbers, and shapes in Chinese.
Free Chinese Christmas bells coloring pages
This coloring sheet has 1 page with Chinese Jingle Bells lyrics and 1 page of blank Christmas bells.
Free Jesus the king crown coloring Pages
When my daughter was a toddler, the Jesus Crown was one of her favorite printables. She learned the words “耶稣 / 耶穌 (Yēsū / Jesus)” and “王冠 (Wángguàn / Crown)” from this activity!
Click here to learn more about the activity and download the Jesus-centered coloring pages in Chinese, English, and Korean!
Free Jesse Tree bilingual English and Chinese ornaments
Cantonese For Families has free printable ornaments with bilingual English and Chinese Christmas ornaments!
Available in simplified and traditional Chinese, English, and Jyutping!
Click here to preview and download Cantonese for Families faith-based Christian ornaments!
Interactive, Hands-On Chinese Christmas activities
My daughter and I love Christmas crafts, and we have used these projects as fun ways to review Chinese characters.
Check out these 15 Easy, Hands-On Christmas Crafts and Activities for Kids!
Learning activities for every topic!
For free, convenient access to our Educational Printables Library, please click the button below to subscribe!
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please click on the button below!
Our Hands-On Activities Library is organized by topic for your convenience!
Holiday shopping guide for kids
If you’re shopping for holiday gifts, check out our educational gift guides!
- 5 Reasons Books are the Best Gift for Multilingual Kids
- Ultimate Gift Guide for Kids Learning Chinese!
- 10 Best Toys For Children That Promote Creativity and Learning
- Favorite Jigsaw Puzzles for Kids of All Ages
- Recommended Human Anatomy Toys | Science Gifts for Kids
- Favorite Educational Montessori Inspired Toys from Etsy