中国记忆(传统节日共) Chinese Festivals Stories Collection are some of the most beautiful Chinese cultural books that we have. This series celebrates 12 important Chinese holidays.
Children’s books that represent Chinese culture and identity
In addition to the Chinese language, I am also learning about Chinese cultural traditions with my children.
My family lives in a small American town, and my children have not experienced authentic celebrations of Chinese festivals and holidays.
Other than Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival, and Dragon Boat Festival, I have trouble recalling the details of what memories my late parents shared during my childhood.
As with my upbringing, my children rarely see Asian people in our neighborhood.
Therefore my mission has been to find media with people with Asian features, such as picture books.
About the Chinese Festivals Stories Collection of 12 books 中国记忆(传统节日共12册)
- Title: Chinese Festivals Stories Collection of 12 books 中国记忆(传统节日共12册)
- 作者 (Author)：王早早
- Simplified Chinese / ISBN: 9787303155132
- Traditional Chinese / ISBN: 9789865811945
- Audio Narration in Mandarin Chinese: Free on Ximalaya here and here
Chinese Festivals Stories 中国记忆 Book titles
- Lantern Festival 中国记忆传统节日-元宵节
- Kitchen God’s Day 中国记忆传统节日-灶王节
- Dragon Boat Festival 中国记忆传统节日-端午节
- Chinese New Year 中国记忆传统节日-春节
- Beginning of Spring 中国记忆传统节日-立春节
- Ching Ming Festival 童年印象‧传统节日：清明节
- Dongzhi Festival 中国记忆传统节日-冬至节
- Qixi Festival 中国记忆传统节日-七夕节
- Double Ninth Festival 中国记忆传统节日-重阳节
- Laba Festival 中国记忆传统节日-腊八节
- Mid-Autumn Festival 中国记忆传统节日-中秋节
- Spring Dragon Festival 中国记忆传统节日-春龙节
Review of 中国记忆(传统节日共) Chinese Festivals Stories Collection
These books give our family a glimpse at what Chinese holidays are like on the other side of the world.
The historical details of each Chinese festival are described in storytelling form. Each story begins with a relative talking with a child about the history of Chinese customs, important activities, and even how to cook traditional food!
Since my American children are not very familiar with Chinese traditions other than Chinese New Year, some of the festivals are a bit over their heads.
However, the illustrations of each book consistently capture their attention. All characters are Asian and appear realistic, although some are slightly cartoonish but still proportional.
Please note that the simplified Chinese version and traditional Chinese version are separate books by different publishers.
If you’re looking for the traditional Chinese version, the cover images are slightly different.
In addition, I think the traditional Chinese versions are hardcover while the simplified Chinese books are paperback as shown above.
Here is a quick peek at a few major Chinese Festivals!
Lantern Festival 中国记忆传统节日-元宵节
Dragon Boat Festival 中国记忆传统节日-端午节
Dongzhi (Winter Solstice) Festival 中国记忆传统节日-冬至节
Chinese New Year / Spring Festival Book 中国记忆传统节日-春节
Mid-Autumn Festival Book 中国记忆传统节日-中秋节
Of course, there are so many Chinese Festivals that not all are covered in this series.
If you are interested in learning more, you can check out the 万年历黄历-蓝鹤日历经典版 app and follow the Lunar Calendar.
More Books about Chinese holidays
Videos about Chinese Holidays
- Dragon Boat Festival YouTube Videos in Chinese & English
- 16 Mid-Autumn Festival Cultural Videos in Chinese and English
- 冬至 (Dōng Zhì / Winter Solstice) You Tube Videos
- More educational Chinese YouTube Videos
Chinese Learning Activities for Children
- For hands-on Chinese festival fun, learn how to make homemade playdough mooncakes with this easy, homemade recipe and tips here!
- To learn about other holidays, check out these fun, hands-on Chinese activities!
WHERE TO BUY CHINESE BOOKS FOR KIDS
For all book recommendations, please explore our favorite Chinese books for kids!
If you’re wondering where to buy Chinese books for children, please click here for a list of the most popular online bookstores!
Recommended articles about how to teach kids Chinese
If you need tips on how to teach your child Chinese, these posts are for you!
- Teach Your Child a Second Language at Home with 5 Key Steps
- How To Get Your Child To Speak the Minority Language
- Raising Multilingual Children as a Non-Fluent Parent
- 10 Ways to Get Your Child to Read Throughout the Day
- 6 Fun Ways to Assess Reading Comprehension With Kids!
Bilingual English and Chinese Facebook Parent Groups
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll try my best to answer them! Please leave a note in the comments!
I also recommend joining helpful Facebook groups:
- Montessori-inspired Kids Learning Chinese and English: Community of parents worldwide who are excited to share bilingual Montessori-friendly book recommendations, teaching tips, learning materials, and hands-on activities!
- Christian Parents Raising Bilingual Children in English & Chinese: Parents who are sharing Christian resources for families in English and Chinese
- Raising Bilingual Children in Chinese & English: Support from families all over the world sharing general Chinese learning materials, summer camps, and other resources
Follow me on Facebook where I share my latest posts as well as favorite articles about children’s education, Chinese resources, and hands-on activities from other websites!
On Instagram, I share activity highlights and how we integrate Chinese-learning in our daily family life!