In our true last-minute fashion, we are preparing Bilingual Father’s Day cards only a couple days before the occasion!
Thankfully, I already created these printable English and Chinese Father’s Day cards last year! My daughter was excited to decorate these necktie books again!
As usual, I’m happy to share our free bilingual Father’s Day cards! They are available in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and English.
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
When is Father’s Day around the world?
The date of Father’s Day varies from country to country!
Here are a few examples based on the most common locations of CHALK Academy readers:
- June, third Sunday: United States, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, France, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan
- August 8: China, Taiwan
- September, first Sunday: Australia
- November 12: Indonesia
Father’s Day: Important vocabulary in Chinese and English
In our family, my husband speaks only English with our children, while I speak both Chinese and English with them.
Even though cannot understand Chinese, my daughter will create cards in both languages for him and translate as needed.
贺卡 / 賀卡 (hè kǎ / greeting cards) are also a fun way to review relevant vocabulary and practice reading and writing!
Here are key words about Father’s Day in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and English:
- 爸爸 (Bàbà / Dad)
- 父亲 / 父親 (Fùqīn / Father)
- 爷爷 (Yéyé / Paternal grandfather)
- 外公 (Wàigōng / Maternal grandfather)
- 父亲节 / 父親節 (Fùqīn jié / Father’s Day)
- 父亲节快乐 / 父親節快樂 (Fùqīn jié kuàilè / Happy Father’s Day)
- 亲爱的爸爸 (Qīn’ài de bàbà / Dear Dad)
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ / I love you)
English and Chinese Father’s Day Cards: What You Need
- Free printable Father’s Day Cards in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, and English
- White card stock paper
- Crayons or colored pencils. FYI markers and paint will bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
- Glue stick or Elmer’s glue
English and Chinese Father’s Day Printables: How to prepare them
- Print out each page of the template in landscape orientation
- Cut along the solid lines
- Decorate the cards however you wish!
- Use the blank necktie to draw own pictures and write personal messages!
- Crease the necktie at the top
- Glue the top edges together
English and Chinese Father’s Day Printables: Candid photos
Here is my 5.5-year-old daughter cutting out each of the neckties!
Voila! Cutting is done, and it’s time to color!
We used markers for the Chinese and English words so that they would stand out more.
For the first page of each necktie book card, we shaded in the paper.
Then, we creased the top of the necktie along the solid line.
Lastly, we glued the top of the necktie together. This is what holds the pages of the necktie book together!
English and Chinese Father’s Day Necktie Cards: Are you ready to make them?
I hope your children have fun making these English and Chinese Father’s Day cards!
Don’t forget to bookmark the printable Father’s Day necktie templates on Pinterest!
Did you family make these Chinese Father’s Day Cards?
If you are able to gift the Chinese Father’s Day cards to friends and family, please let us know! We’d love to know if they were helpful!
父亲节快乐 / 父親節快樂! Happy Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated dads out there!
More Chinese Father’s Day resources for children
- Father’s Day Fill in the Blank Free Printable: Chinese (Spot of Sunshine) and English (Thirty Handmade Days)
- Father’s Day Activity Packs (Fortune Cookie Mom)
More hands-on Chinese learning activities for children
- Chinese Mother’s Day cards – free printable in simplified and traditional Chinese
- Family Members Heart Matching Game – free printable in simplified and traditional Chinese
- People by Peter Spier – Book Review and 人 Chinese Character Learning Activities
- Clothing Flashcards for Pretend Play & More – Free Printable in Chinese, Korean, and English
- Shoe Lacing Cards – Free Printable in English, Chinese, and Korean
To see all hands-on Chinese learning activities, please browse our activities library by topic with your child(ren)!
Teach children how to read Chinese
- When and How to Introduce Chinese Characters to Kids?
- 5 Basic Tips for Memorizing Chinese Characters
- 10 Ways to Encourage Your Child to Read
- Create a Print-Rich Environment with Labels that Promote Literacy
- How I Taught My Child 1000+ Chinese Characters as a Non-Fluent Speaker
- 3 Ways My Child and I Are Learning Mandarin Chinese from Audiobooks
- When Should My Child Learn Hanyu Pinyin?
- Handmade Cards for Reading and Writing Practice (English, Chinese, and Korean)