In our true last-minute fashion, we are preparing trilingual Father’s Day cards only a couple days before the occasion! Thankfully, we have our Father’s Day printable necktie books! My daughter and son had fun decorating these together!
As usual, I’m happy to share our free printable Father’s Day neckties! They are available in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, and English.
This post may have some affiliate links. If you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission which supports my blog and free printables at no additional cost to you. Please see the disclosure policy for details.
When is Father’s Day around the world?
The date of Father’s Day varies from country to country!
Here are a few examples based on the most common locations of CHALK Academy readers:
- June, third Sunday: United States, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, France, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan
- August 8: China, Taiwan
- September, first Sunday: Australia
- November 12: Indonesia
In Korea, children celebrate their mothers and fathers on 어버이 날 Parents’ Day. Each parent shares the holiday.
Celebrating and learning Chinese and Korean on Father’s Day
In our family, my Korean-American husband speaks only English with our children, while I speak both Chinese and English with them.
He does speak and read a little bit of Korean, so I wanted to translated these printable Father’s Day neckties to include this heritage language.
Even though he cannot understand Chinese, my kids will make cards in all languages for him and translate as needed. I’m so grateful that he is 100% supportive about raising multilingual children!
贺卡 / 賀卡 (hè kǎ / greeting cards) are also a fun way to review relevant vocabulary and practice reading and writing!
Father’s Day: Important vocabulary in Chinese and English
Here are key words about Father’s Day in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Hanyu Pinyin, and English:
- 爸爸 (Bàbà)
- 父亲 / 父親 (Fùqīn)
- Father’s Day
- 父亲节 / 父親節 (Fùqīn jié)
- No Korean translation
- Happy Father’s Day
- 父亲节快乐 / 父親節快樂 (Fùqīn jié kuàilè)
- No Korean translation
- I love you
- 我爱你 / 我愛你 (Wǒ ài nǐ)
- 사랑해요 (honorific)
Printable Trilingual Father’s Day Neckties: What You Need
- Free printable Father’s Day Cards in simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, and English
- White card stock paper
- Crayons or colored pencils. FYI markers and paint will bleed through card stock, so only use these if you don’t mind!
- Glue stick or Elmer’s glue
English, Chinese, and Korean Father’s Day Neckties: How to prepare them
- Print out each page of the template in landscape orientation
- Cut along the solid lines
- Decorate the cards however you wish!
- Use the blank necktie to draw own pictures and write personal messages!
- Crease the necktie at the top
- Glue the top edges together
Then, we creased the top of the necktie along the solid line.
Lastly, we glued the top of the necktie together. This is what holds the pages of the necktie book together!
English and Chinese Father’s Day Necktie Cards: Are you ready to make them?
I hope your children have fun making these English and Chinese Father’s Day cards!
If you are able to use the printable Father’s Day necktie books, please let us know! We’d love to know if they were helpful!
父亲节快乐 / 父親節快樂! Happy Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing, hard-working, intelligent, and caring dads out there!
More hands-on Chinese learning activities for children
- Clothing Flashcards for Pretend Play & More – Free Printable in Chinese, Korean, and English
- Chinese and Korean Family Members Envelope and Photo Activity!
- Family Members Heart Matching Game – free printable in simplified and traditional Chinese
- People by Peter Spier – Book Review and 人 Chinese Character Learning Activities