Even before Thanksgiving, my daughter has asked 到十二月二十五日要多久？(Dào shí’èr yuè èrshíwǔ rì yào duōjiǔ? How long until December 25?). For advent, we made this Paper Chain Snowman Family Christmas countdown! I have created a printable template for the paper chains to minimize prep time. If you’d like, you can add hats to these cute snowmen! However, we did not since my daughter said it’s too hot in sunny California for winter hats! 🙂
What you need for Paper Chain Snowman Christmas Countdown:
This post has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for further details.
Please review the Terms & Conditions before downloading any materials.
- White paper
- Black paper (optional)
- Paper chain Snowman template – click on the links below for free downloads in 3 languages:
- Optional: clothespins and string
*For the Korean version, please let me know if there are any translation issues and I will fix them promptly! I cannot speak or read Korean, but I try to translate as many of my printables as possible for my trilingual children and other multilingual families. It’s very difficult to find Korean resources in the United States! Thank you for understanding!
How to set up Paper Chain Snowman Christmas Countdown:
- Print template on white paper
- Cut paper along dotted lines
- Use orange marker to draw carrot nose for snowman’s face
- Loop and tape the rings together with 5 links attached to each snowman face
- Optional: Make a black tophat with construction paper
- Optional: Hang paper chains with clothespins and string
- Starting on December 1, remove 1 ring per day!
If you do the Paper Chain Snowman Christmas Countdown activity, let us know! Please leave a comment and don’t forget to tag #chalkacademy on Instagram!
If you’re looking for more Christmas activities, click here to see all Christmas learning activities!
Here is another snowman countdown that we have done in the past! Read more about it in this post!
Also check out these winter activities:
- Montessori Inspired Paper Plate Seasons Puzzle
- Chinese Christmas and Winter Coloring Sheets (Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
- Various hands-on holiday activities can be found here.
To see all of our fun and easy learning activities, please bookmark this link for reference!
Holiday shopping guide for kids
- 5 Reasons Books are the Best Gift for Multilingual Kids
- Favorite Educational Montessori Inspired Toys from Etsy
- Ultimate Gift Guide for Kids Learning Chinese!
- 10 Best Toys For Children That Promote Creativity and Learning