Easter is the most important holiday for Christians, and my daughter and I have been enjoying Easter crafting! Although modern day Easter egg tradition has been commercialized, we remind each other that the true meaning of Easter is the celebration of Jesus’ resurrection. We have this beautiful scripture washi tape from Project En Courage, and my daughter has been excited about decorating everything with these verses! Therefore, we’ve made many Washi Tape Cardboard Crosses in addition to the recycled cardboard Easter egg craft featured in this post!
What you need for Cardboard Easter Eggs
- Optional: colored pencils, glitter glue, gemstones, washi tape, anything your child wants to use!
Since we are trying to be minimalist and use less resources with our art projects, we always keep cardboard on hand for creative ideas! Next time you get a package in the mail, make sure to save the cardboard box! You can also use cardboard from shoe boxes and tissue boxes as other sources.
How to set up a cardboard Easter egg craft station:
Initially, I was hesitant to write specific instructions for this post since I believe in child-led learning. However, I will provide brief instructions for the ones that made in case a parent or teacher is striving to create the same look!
- Draw and cut egg shape
- Color with colored pencils
- Decorate with glitter glue!
- Let dry
For my children, I often set up a little Montessori-inspired tray so it’s easier to find supplies.
At last, here are the Cardboard Easter Eggs drying on the table alongside a Washi Tape Easter eggs!
Related Educational Resources for Kids
Here are more fun, hands-on Christian crafts that you can do with your kids!
- “Jesus is King” crown craft and coloring pages
- Washi Tape Cardboard Crosses
- Easter egg craft stick puzzle
- Chalk eggs with glue resist
For Chinese Christian music, I recommend the following:
- Stream of Praise Music Ministries DVDs and CDs
- Stream of Praise Chinese Music Board Books
- 5 Simple Chinese Christian Songs for Kids & Free Printable Lyrics 五首簡單兒童聖歌和歌詞 (Spot of Sunshine)
- Top Chinese Children’s Worship Albums: Mandarin & Cantonese (Spot of Sunshine)
To see Chinese children’s book recommendations, click here!
If you’re interested in more hands-on learning activities, click here!
Bilingual Chinese Christian Facebook group!
For more resources and support, please join our Facebook group Christian Parents Raising Bilingual Children in English & Chinese! We welcome parents of all races and ethnicities who want to join the discussion and share bilingual Christian resources!